Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pride and pain

I yell out,
I am the Mongol

I am always proud for our history
What i've come through
I am always proud for our culture
Where i belong

I remind myself of Great Imperial time
We were rulers of big world
I rewind myself to real nomadic time
We were owners of big land

Then i yell out again
I am the Mongol

I feel sorry for ancestors' failure
What a war-ful time they had to go through
I feel sad for descendants' struggle
What a worry-ful time we are going through

I can't recall our arrogance any more
We are not the rulers of the world
I can't think of our land any more
We are welcoming others to dig it

There i cry out
I am the Mongol, again.

Explore it, mine it as much as you want
Take it, steal it as much as you want
Just leave my people a resource to cover the hole
Even if they took to fill the pocket

I felt very desperate this time
How awful is it to be poor
I wondered very silent this time
How long are we gonna survive

Now i whisper
I am the Mongol
There is no need of yelling any more.
Even if i did, what would be different


Sukhee,

No comments: