Saturday, March 20, 2010

Miss me, ma

It is a letter that was in little girl's diary
It is a diary that was in lonely daughter's letter
It is her life, life edge, life view
It is her feeling, her thoughts, her rights and wrongs

Miss me, ma. Did you?
Kiss me, ma. Have you?

When i was little, i heard i was sick baby
Hope that wasn't the reason to leave me
Please miss me, ma.

Sorry if dad wasn't romantic enough
Maybe even shame if he didn't know us
Please miss me, ma.

I am four now, growing.
Still in orphan home, maturing
Please come to me, ma.

Miss me, ma. Did you ever?
Kiss me, ma. Have you ever?

I am 7 years old, time for school
Everybody's ma brings her kid to the school
But i am standing alone.

Today is my birthday, 17th birthday
And today is prom day, yes ma
All these years i've been waiting for you

Miss me, ma. Do you?
Kiss me, ma. Do you?

It's graduation day, college graduation
I am trying to put some dots in my life
Closing something opens new thing

Miss me, ma. Will you ever?
Kiss me, ma. Will you ever?

It's my wedding day, ma
First time and last time
I hate you so much

May I be better parent than you were
May I be real ma to my kids
Way better than you, i hope

Dismiss me, ma.
Just dismiss please
Orphanage was my ma
And will be ma

I became ma myself
She's beautiful...
I will never leave...


Sukhee,

No comments: